The Senior Machine Builder combines a very high-level mechanical, electrical, fabrication skills to add engineered solutions to enhance CNC equipment and automation. Direct interaction with coworkers, suppliers and customers will be necessary to understand specifications required to execute the projects. Ideal candidates will have the ability to work with minimal supervision and provide input for solutions by thinking beyond following detailed drawing, designs to complete project activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order mechanical, electrical components required to build machines to specification.
- Mechanical installation of components.
- Build electrical panels using electrical drawings.
- Fabrication of brackets, stands, covers, from drawings and without for machine build.
- Wire panels and machines per electrical drawings.
- Work with robots to ingrate with machine tools.
- Utilize and maintain effective written and verbal communication skills and techniques and effectively interact with the engineering department.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, high level of accuracy
- Must be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Commitment to high standards and the ability to inspire those qualities in others
- Participate in R&D activities for company and customer projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10 + years of prior machine building experience
- Must have the ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings
- ASME drawing standards
- Ability to design work holding and other integrated components
- Machining process development
- PLC knowledge a plus
- Robot knowledge
- Strong mechanical design aptitude and capability
- Knowledge of engineering materials
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD & Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing walking and driving.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated.
- When working on site, may be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, or hard hats
- Frequent and/or continuous standing; walking; climbing; bending; twisting; pushing/pulling; reaching at, below and above shoulders.
- Lifting/Carrying: Frequent 1-30 pounds; Occasional 30-75 pounds; Seldom above 75 pounds.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required
Easily apply to our Senior Machine Builder position within our Career Center!