Accounting Manager will oversee the accounting functions, process controls and reporting for business. The position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, assuring accuracy, consistency and timeliness of accounting functions and reporting.
- Establishes financial status by developing and implementing procedures for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and managing accounting staff.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Maintains accounting controls by defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Lead and execute the month-end close process, including analyzing accounts and transactions for proper accounting, and creating and booking journal entries where necessary.
- Participate in the accounts receivable function, assist with investigation and resolution of troubled accounts receivable.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; and preparing special reports.
- Review Engineering projects with appropriate parties and perform revenue recognition at appropriate milestones.
- Develop appropriate tracking mechanisms for customer deposits.
- Evaluate factors impacting timely and accurate invoicing of service orders, and report to appropriate parties’ action needed to drive improvement in this area
- Identify and drive process improvements to improve the timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial reporting
- Perform ad-hoc analyses pertaining to unique transactions
- Reconcile inventory balances from warehouse reports to Salesforce on a monthly basis. Coordinate adjustments to inventory balances with Parts department as needed.
- Recommend and implement process improvements for the recording of inventory transactions and data analysis.
- Coordinate periodic physical inventory counts.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required, CPA preferred
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Distributor experience preferred.