Manufacturing Engineer with High Level CNC Programming Skills (APPLICATION ENGINEER)
***THIS POSTION REQUIRES HANDS-ON, FROM SCRATCH PROGRAMMING SKILLS****
LOCATION: Varies. Mostly from customer locations and home office. Flat Rock office when needed.
Applications Engineer will provide products and services that fully meet the customer expectations in a clearly superior manner that encourages further purchases from the customer over the offers of others. The Candidate will exercise functional authority for the development and implementation of custom CNC programs to manufacture parts according to customer prints and specifications and lead the delivery functional machines and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the design and development of new and existing equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Develop manufacturing programs through Mastercam or equivalent software.
- Provide engineering, programming and use of sophisticated measuring instruments.
- Use of Gages, CMM and Statistical Process Control to validate programs and process.
- Setup and prepare machinery for runoff.
- Participate in machine runoff at Gerotech and at Customer sites.
- Flexible when extra hours are required complete projects on time.
- Travel will be required to install and runoff machine and processes at customer site.
- Ability to work with customers to resolve open issues in order to get machine acceptance.
- Development of training documentation in compliance with customer specifications.
- Train customers on machine setup, function and operation.
- Participate in R&D activities for company and customer projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Machining Technology or similar is required, a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Manufacturing a plus.
- Machinists Certificate is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of CNC program structure is required. Strong part programming and machining experience, in both conventional G-code and Macro programming.
- 5 years of CNC programming experience required (Fanuc, Haas or equivalent | Siemens 840D experience is a plus)
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering Drawings.
- Strong SPC & GD&T skills.
- Electrical and/or Mechanical experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Strong customer service skills are a must.
- MasterCam or equivalent CAD/CAM software experience required, certification a plus.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- AutoCAD experience is required.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing walking and driving.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated.
- When working on site, may be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, or hard hat.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination required