Let us help you reach your potential.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer who is passionate about providing best in class customer service. The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the highest levels of customer satisfaction through troubleshooting and resolving issues related to the electrical and/or mechanical components of a CNC machine.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Travel to customer locations to install, repair, and troubleshoot machine tool equipment and controls for customers.
- Complete and submit proper documentation/service reports related to the status of the machine issues, repairs, and/or installations into company ERP.
- Diagnose mechanical, PLC, and electrical problems, performing mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Coordinate problem resolution and recommend repair, replacement, and/or other corrective action for CNC machine tools.
- Identify and replace parts, test and make adjustments.
- Maintain and develop in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and Gerotech represented product lines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate possess 5+ year of experience with CNC Lathes and Machining Centers
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) year degree or higher preferred, or four years military experience in Electrical/Mechanical systems.
- Control experience with Siemens 840D, Siemens step 7, Fanuc, and Haas.
- Machine tool field and installation knowledge and experience
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings, set axis home positions, read & understand Fanuc Ladder Logic
- Thorough understanding of Control I/O cards and how to troubleshoot
- Understands the relationship between axis motors and feedback systems for each axis
- Strong Machine tool alignment experience
- Strong mechanical background in installing axis Linear Guides, Ball Screws, Saddles & Slides
- Strong experience in laser positioning and applying compensation for machine tool axes
- Experience in Troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, Axis drive, motor alarms, spindles, Encoders, and Siemens 840-D solution line controls
- Excellent Communication skills oral and written
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft word and excel
- Applicants must be willing to travel in Michigan, and potentially the U.S., mainly the Midwest.
- Positive, professional attitude and customer service background
- Frequent and/or continuous standing; walking; climbing; bending; twisting; pushing/pulling; reaching at, below and above shoulders. Frequent driving-sitting.
- Lifting/Carrying: Frequent 1-30 pounds; Occasional 30-75 pounds; Seldom above 75 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record